Quantcast

download directly to usb?

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by jonjuelo, May 16, 2013.

1. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

Hi guys, I just bought a 47ga6400 and I'm very happy with it. Only problem I have is that the internal memory is only 5GB. I can download almost anything and then move it to the usb drive as long as its not bigger than the available internal memory storage. I want to download a 3D movie which is around 7 or 8 GB directly to my USB drive. Is there any way I can change the default download directory? Thanks for the help! :)

2. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

It depends. Are you using an app to download the file? if so which app is it? if not how are you attempting the download?

3. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

Im using Chrome browser. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

In the PC version of Chrome there is an option to change the "Download Location", But I'm not sure if the Google TV version of Chrome has that setting.

Following are the steps to change it on PC version of Chrome, you can may be use it to see if the steps are valid for Google TV

https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95574

5. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

They're not on chrome for Google tv. Thanks for the help though. Any other ideas?

6. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

Any gtv guru out there that can help? :)

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Our best Google TV guru, eferz, left us some time ago, mostly just a bunch of enthusiasts without much technical background are trying to help now. I don't know specifically what files you are downloading needing access to external storage but Mitty is one app that will download to external storage, torrents in that case. I haven't looked at the file handling apps such as ES File Explorer to see if those can arrange for downloading to external storage.

Provide a link to a file you want to download and I will try my luck. Revue5 or CatfishRivers might have some insight on how this can be done.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I don't believe it's possible to do this directly with the GTV Chrome browser. But it would be possible to do this with an external app. On posts number 43 & 44 in the following thread (see link below) this question is raised by a GTV user and then the Mitty developer mentions how he does it with the GTV Mitty app:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/5822-new-game-changer-app-called-mitty-gtv-5.html

From that thread:

"We actually check for a USB drive - and in the case of Mitty, we actually require it. Other applications would need to add USB drive support to work as such.

Originally Posted by guest
    Neveroffline,

How is it that your application can "command " that a download take the pathway to a connected USB device and not to Google TV's internal SD Card?

Is that a function that you have built into your application? Because I would like to know how I can "force" a download, with other applications, into a USB device and NOT into the internal SD Card."

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

I tried mitty but I never got it to work, it just said downloading but never downloaded anything...tried formatting to both ntfs and fat32 but still a no go so I deleted it.
    Now I just use my galaxy note 2 with gtv remote app to send links from a forum to my tv and download movies like that...which brings us to the problem im trying to solve.
    Btw, I do use es file explorer to move my files to the usb drive once downloaded.

10. jonjuelo

jonjuelo New Member

Yes, I read that entire thread trying to fix the mitty app problem. I even emailed the developer but even he couldn't help me. I have been trying to find an app that solves my problem but no luck yet. I won't give up though! Lol thanks for your help guys, let me know if you guys find anything. :)