Quantcast

Downgrade Sony Google tv From honeycomb update

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Tartarus, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

Hey, i just downloaded the honeycomb update and i HATE IT, I cannot listen to pandora while doing anything but pandora, NO MORE multitasking, the menus look horrible, and to top it all off the whole thing runs at around 10 fps... is tehre any way of downloading a file to a flash drive and dorngrading to the older version of gtv?
    IF google does not adress this i am going to be forced to sell my tv and get a new one.
    i am really dissapointed in google, this is a TOTALLY unfinished product, had no one realized that people dont like things running at 10 fps??
    And why they REMOVED things like multitasking and made some things harder to get to(take picture in picture now, i have to OPEN a menu to move the picture, before i just clicked an arrow!) someone please help me!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Heh, I'm not sure where you pulled out "10 fps" but its funny. But, I agree with the interface and the lack of refinement. It seems like they just ported the interface from their tablet/phones into Google TV without making any enhancements or customizations for the "10 foot experience". Google's never possessed any strong points in the ascetics or user interface. They really need improve in that aspect.

3. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

when using the market and the new "tv&movies" app, and try listening to pandora, you can play it with the home screen up, but AS SOON as you press the home button again, THE MUSIC STOPS! i thought the big thing with honeycomb for tablets was "multitasking" but with the tv update ITS GONE!

4. Xoisua

Xoisua New Member

There is website that I can get spammed with pop ups and ads so I can't play the flash movie show, the old version, you can press menu key, and select to close it, now I can't.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, I get the lack of multitasking part. Its the "10 fps" that made me laugh.

6. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

Perhaps we need a team devoted to rooting and creating custom google tv roms

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'll leave that to GTV Hacker and xda-developers. They already have the braintrust and experience fo that sort of thing.

8. futureboy

futureboy New Member

Multi tasking is still there, long press the "Home" button and you can select the running apps.

I am able to liste to Pandora on the TV while surfing...

9. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Isn't that list "recent" apps not "running" apps?

10. dudemandude

dudemandude New Member

Its still pretty easy. Just hit down and then go to window. You can close any pop up or just select the web page you want. The flash player is a lot more glitchy now,so you may have to hit down(same down button u used to close tab before) and reload page a few times. I even noticed touching any button while page is loading will normally cause site with ads to freeze, so be patient.