Quantcast

Don't find Podcast App - how to handle RSS feeds to video

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Dan188, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Dan188

Dan188 New Member

I use a cloud DVR that can be accessed by RSS feeds. Which RSS reader can I use that opens a video player when I click on the URL? I am happy when the content is streamed, it doesn't have to be downloaded before (as there is no local storage on Co-Star).

I've googled this and there seems to be a "Podcast" App on Google TV 2.0 but I haven't found it on the market place, neither Google Reader or similar...

Any help?

Thanks

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Several forum members mentioned that they like the Doggcatcher podcast app. Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-apps/5920-really-liking-doggcatcher-podcasts.html

3. LES017

LES017 New Member

I use DoggCatcher on my phone, so I also loaded onto my Sony Google TV. It works great but I still chose to actually have the video launch thru the Avia video player, as it has better video controls. And I still get to resume video from where I left off, in case I get interrupted.

• Like Like x 2
  4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Doggcatcher does the same thing Les017. I have all my podcasts download to a thumb drive and when I play my videos with it and stop them and start them back up it continues where I left off.

• Like Like x 4
  5. LES017

LES017 New Member

Yes Trallyus, I worded that poorly. I meant that EVEN THOUGH I I use the external player, DoggCatcher still retains where I left off.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dan188

Dan188 New Member

Thanks for all the answers. My understanding is now that I have to use a podcast app and therefore download the videos. The disadvantage is that I have to connect an external storage device to my Go-Star.
    I was looking for streaming it directly. Using chrome it's not working properly and often I'm asked for a video player... Which one should I use to stream without downloading?

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Dan here is some instructions for using (searching & streaming) with the GTV podcast app (see link below). THE GTV podcast app will stream the podcasts without downloading them.

I can find the GTV podcast app in my "all apps" drawer:

Podcasts - Google TV Help

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  8. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Dan188 ,
    You can use DoggCatcher without having to download your podcasts. It will work with streaming only but like I said it wont remember where you left off when you stopped watching the streaming videos unless you download them I think.

Just set downloads to 0 and it will stream everything. By the way , a lot of people subscribe to their podcasts using the youtube app but I like DoggCatcher my self.