Quantcast

Don't Buy Another Vizio Co-Star, Firmware Corrupt Buggy Direct From The Factory

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Stop: Don't Buy Another Vizio Co-Star, Until The New Firmware Software Update Is Built In Direct From The Factory

*(MY BEEF, WHY DOES VIZIO CORP, KEEP SELLING ALL NEW VIZIO CO-STARS WITH THE SAME OLD CORRUPT BUGGY FIRMWARE SOFTWARE BUILT IN DIRECT FROM THE FACTORY)

Vizio Corp has sold out of the Vizio Co-Star several times already, but each time Vizio Corp gets a new batch of Vizio Co-Stars, they come with the same old corrupt buggy firmware software direct from the factory ...

Then after the initial first time set up is completed, you are greeted with a new firmware update, why this new firmware software update cannot be done at the factory, before a new Vizio Co-Star is sold ...

It's a known fact sometimes that with some firmware updates, the old firmware software data fragments left behind (Sometimes) from the old firmware can corrupt the new firmware update software ... This maybe the cause of a lot of the problems that you read about concerning the Vizio-Co-Star ...!

SO WHY NOT FROM THIS POINT ON GOING FORWARD, LET ALL NEW VIZIO CO-STARS COME WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE SOFTWARE UPDATE BUILT IN DIRECT FROM THE FACTORY ....

(WHAT"S SO HARD ABOUT THIS, IT'S NOT ASKING TOO MUCH)

I just purchased another new Vizio Co-Stars a few days ago, but I will not be purchasing another Vizio Co-Star until they come from the factory with the new firmware software update built in direct from the factory ... I was under the impression, that all the new batch Vizio Co-Stars were Coming with the new firmware software built in direct from the factory ....

I advise all potential buyers to stop buying/purchasing a new Vizio Co-Star, until they come from with the new firmware software update built in direct from the factory ... Why buy a product that you know is corrupt before you put your hands on it (Corrupt Buggy From Jump Street), enough is enough ....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have been updating firmware on Google TV devices, Blu-ray players and other consumer electronics products for years. I have never had any issues updating to the new version and even if Vizio did start to sell Co-Stars with a newer firmware version, it would also soon be out of date and in need of an update. It isn't like there is a final version of Google TV available and we will never have to update again. Also the current firmware version is also buggy, maybe a big improvement over the original version but still buggy and in need of an update and the situation will be the same in a year. These devices are going to be a work in progress for years, provided Google TV survives.

I think your warning is nonsense. For anybody willing to take the risk of buying Google TV and dealing with the clunky nature of its operation, whether or not it comes with original firmware or the most recent firmware, it will have to be updated soon and will be covered by warranty in the very unlikely event something goes wrong with the update. A better case could be made to buy one with old firmware, guaranteed to need an update before warranty expiration, just to make sure it will update properly.

3. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Dude do you own a Co-Star, evidently you don't ..! Naw, I'm not even going their, it's a waste of time ... You are cutting cheese and I'm cutting pork chops ...(lol)

4. perfectstranger

perfectstranger New Member

I have to say that this thread is shocking considering the amount of cheerleading you've done in the 'Post your experiences' thread. No offence intended.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You are the one that seems to believe there is a big difference between various Google TV devices, as if the Co-Star is something special. It isn't, all Google TV devices run the same Chrome browser, same Android operating system and your nonsense suggestion that getting a Co-Star with a more recent version is important, makes no sense, I don't need to own one to know that.

6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

I'm still a cheerleader, but with a good firmware update, the Vizio Co-Star can truly be a super awesome media device ... What I'm saying, I can work the Vizio Co-Star to the point, it will work/run almost pefect, but the average Sam cannot do this, this is the reason we need a solid firmware update ....! The average Sam wants to return his Vizio Co-star, after the initial set up ....(lol)

7. GreasenUSA

GreasenUSA New Member

Let's all stop buying Co-Stars. That'll surely make the developers want to continue to upgrade the device.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

That's exactly what we want the developers to do upgrade the Vizio Co-Star ...!(lol) I got the word today that a firmware update will be coming very soon and they are working on all future Vizio Co-Star release to come from the factory with the new firmware pre-installed, so that's good news ..