Quantcast

Dolphin HD

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by generalrookie, Mar 6, 2012.

1. generalrookie

generalrookie New Member

I couldn't find a specific thread or post that helped people install Dolphin HD on their Google TV. Some threads mentioned it worked, but most people had issues getting it to work right. Here's how I set mine up:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING.... EVER!

1. Install directly from the Market an "orientation" app.
    2. Place the orientation app and side-loaded Dolphin HD on a blank LauncherPro screen in the upper left hand corner.

3. Run the orientation app and set the tv to portrait mode. (it'll screw up your tv temporarily and wont show up correctly, but dont worry).
    4. Run Dolphin HD. back out of dolphin hd without exiting, just minimizing.
    5. Change your orientation mode back to landscape and lock it so it doesnt change back.
    6. Run dolphin hd again. this time it should be in landscape mode.
    7. Open dolphin hd setting and set the app to only run in landscape mode.
    8. Uninstall orientation app if you want.
    9. Now you have a different browser!!

IF YOU DONT HAVE LAUNCHERPRO:
    1. Same
    2b. Run Dolphin HD first and let it crash. This will at least put the program in your recent/running app dialog box.
    3. Same
    4. Long press your home button so that the recent/running app dialog box shows up. Then run Dolphin HD. Minimize without exiting.
    5b. Long press your home button and run the orientation app again. change your orientation back to landscape and lock it.
    6-9. Same.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post. I tried it and it doesn't play Flash videos.

IMO it's not really better on GTV than using a mobile transcoder such as Skweezer: Skweezer

In fact I find Skweezer easier to use with the Chrome browser. jmho.

3. generalrookie

generalrookie New Member

Oh, I'm not promoting Dolphin by any means. For me, its slower than Chrome. It also doesnt have flash.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. c1tobor

c1tobor New Member

I just downloaded a orientation app from the market, set the orientation to landscape, side loaded Dolphin apk off a flash drive and walla.....it actually worked.

It does seem a bit slow but but I can actuall use the mouse pad to draw gestures using the left click button. There is still hope for this device.

EDIT: Found the APK for Dolphin HD 7.1 and replaced the 5.1 version I had just got working. Still can't get to these forums from the bookmark I have in dolphin directly (have to go to yahoo/search/and get here from there)

I cannot get any of the addons to the browser to work as the market says its not compatible. Might have to link the browser to google account but I'm afraid they'll screw up Dolphin.

Hoping to find a way to download some addons.

Edit2: OK. Was able to use my Gtablet to isolate and copy the Dolphin addon apk's. Text sizer and Sceen cut to a USB flash drive and install them onto the Revue. They work!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012