Quantcast

dolby 5.1

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jusstr, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jusstr

jusstr New Member

I have the sony google tv hooked to my receiver with the optical out. yet i only get dolby pl?? the netflix app says the device is not able or set up for 5.1. the reference guide says the output is dd so how do i get that?

2. jusstr

jusstr New Member

I have found now that HD broadcast signal gets passed to the receiver as Dolby Digital, however Netflix is Dolby PL as is Bluray. BR is played on a ps3 wired to GTV with HDMI.

Any suggestions?

thanks.

3. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

As far as I know, the PS3 is the only Netflix player that has been released to support the 5.1 audio at this time. I imagine they will update the GTV player as well in the future, but based on Netflix support, and the Netflix website, it is only supported on the PS3.

• Like Like x 2
  4. harley man

harley man New Member

that is true i called netflix and that is what i was told they said that it should be in the near future for google tv to have 5.1 on netflix

5. jusstr

jusstr New Member

thanks for the info re netflix. I now have an optical out directly from ps3 to receiver which solves the blu ray problem, hd broadcast is 5.1, and we'll have to wait for web providers to catch up.