Quantcast

Does Hisense Pulse Support 5.1 Sound on Netflix?

Discussion in 'Hisense Pulse' started by hififloyd, Jan 22, 2013.

1. hififloyd

hififloyd New Member

When I browse Netflix all I see is HD and no movies showing 5.1 sound. I believe my audio receiver is properly setup. Hisense passes 5.1 from my Directv fine to my amp and Movies I have on Plex play in 5.1. I have a WD TV with Netflix that shows which movies have 5.1 but on Hisense I can not find any movie saying 5.1. Does anyone have a Pulse that plays 5.1 audio movies from Netflix? Am I doing something wrong.
    Thank You

2. bigsam411

bigsam411 New Member

I am having the same problem. No 5.1 on Netflix or Plex, which is a deal breaker for me. Fortunately I have a Co-Star that I initially migrated to a new bedroom TV I got that I am not using 5.1 on. I could just swap them. I did contact Hisense and they gave me no answer on Netflix 5.1 but they did let me know that pass through works from a cable box which I will be able to try tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

There were reports of Pulses that would not pass 5.1 from any source including the hdmi pass through. Definitely check if your cable box is coming through, if you have a receiver you can just check the display.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hififloyd

hififloyd New Member

The only place I do not have 5.1 is on Netflix. It passes 5.1 fine from my Directv to my audio receiver. Plex works fine for me with 5.1 sound