Quantcast

Does Google TV Still Have a Fighting Chance?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Rickaren, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Does Google TV Still Have a Fighting Chance?

November 26, 2010

Article LINK: Does Google TV Still Have a Fighting Chance? (DIS, GOOG, LOGI, SNE, TWC)

2. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Sadly, if the networks continue to fight progress the answer is no :( Will google continue to support it? I think they will for a little while.....but sadly if you bought the set top box you bought a paperweight. Thankfully the Sony TV is really great...so I'm not disapointed in my purchase...I keep my fingers crossed that this GTV embargo will eventually be lifted...but I'm guessing it will end up costing us money...as in a subscription to a service to watch all free content...with ads of course!

3. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

I don't think the networks have enough compelling programming to call the Revue/Sony a paperweight..there is a ton of MUCH better programming available outside them. They're only enforcing their own irrelevance, imho. Plus, when apps come to GTV, it will be a total game-changer.

4. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

besides downloading videos and just streaming them, what good content is there that isn't on a single US network (since they are all blocked)