Quantcast

"Docs Viewer" PDF Reader App

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by guest, Feb 4, 2013.

1. guest

guest Active Member

Does anyone know how to scroll down using the Docs Viewer pdf reader app? I'm not finding many PDF reader apps that function well with Google TV. Mobile PDF Viewer is another app that I'm using. I'm having a similar problem with it. But if I put it in the Text-Only View format, it's usable. qPDF Viewer is a third app that I've used, but it was deleted when I did a factory reset. I can't seem to find a good source for its apk. But I don't remember being all that thrilled with how that product functioned, either!

If anyone knows of a "five-star pdf reader" for Google TV, please post it.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

For the Mobile PDF Viewer app:

1) To scroll up: Alt + Space

2) To scroll down: Space

• Like Like x 2
  3. guest

guest Active Member

Is Mobile PDF Viewer the best one you've come across? Because I find that scrolling down, by hitting the space bar, one loses the visual connection between what one is reading.

Like what I just wrote, "scrolling down" and "by hitting"; when scrolling down, those two phrases do not remain on the screen at the same time. So one is unsure, with this PDF reader, that information hasn't been skipped over. Poor design.

4. CatfishRivers

Yes the Mobile PDF Viewer is about the best free PDF viewer that I've come across. I have the same problem that you mentioned about not being able to scroll in the Docs Viewer app.

I haven't tried any of the pay PDF Viewer apps yet - so I'm not sure if those are better.

With Mobile PDF Reader you can zoom in & out of the page - so perhaps you could do that first before scrolling with the space bar. (To make sure that you didn't miss any text when scrollling). It's not ideal I know - but that's about all I can think of for now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  5. Donna

Donna New Member

Hello
    To find a "five-star pdf reader" for Google TV is a little bit difficult.I usually use the pdf viewer to view or read pdf files from google Tv.
    And i found it is easy for me to view files.You can have a look,then choose the best one.

6. ponghclub

ponghclub Member

i use replico reader app on my co-star it's work excellent with google tv.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  7. CatfishRivers

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. Travel

Travel Active Member

Thanks, I just installed it ($2.99). It seems to work great; scrolling works and the font size is perfect on what I've tested (a PDF restaurant menu). I haven't gotten around to trying-out the various other features on the app yet.

As being discussed on this thread, I've had the "Mobile PDF Viewer" app. installed for months, and with the same scrolling /font-size problem. I've kept it installed, hoping that an update to this app would clear things up eventually, but that hasn't happened.

It's nice to have free apps, but at least this app, like the "PrinterShare" app, is a substantive/useful app, with a one-time-only price and not subscription based.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013