Quantcast

Dlna & flac

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by vivshank, Nov 17, 2011.

1. vivshank

vivshank New Member

Hi everyone -- I'm having problems with the Media Player (the DLNA/UPNP client on the Sony NSZ-GT1). Wasn't the update supposed to play flacs? It did for a while and then I rebuilt my DLNA library -- MediaTomb running on a NAS -- and now Media Player on GTV cant see the flac files... I dont think there's a problem with the server, DLNA clients on my iphone can see and play the flac files.

any idea what's going on? any suggestions for replacement DLNA client cos the Google one is super slow. Thanks!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Here is the codecs that are supplied by Google for Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) update for Google TV: Supported Media Formats - Google TV Android Developers Guide - Google Code. While I don't see FLAC on that list, Google leaves it option to the manufacturer if they want to include additional codecs. I also understand that Logitech was working on having FLAC support through their Logitech Media Server in order to have a better synergy with their Squeezebox product line. Although, I'm not sure if that's through an additional codec or if they're just transcoding the audio file.

3. vivshank

vivshank New Member

Thanks eferz. The crazy thing is I was playing flacs on it after the upgrade! I guess I'll try to install flac player or something.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It could be a problem with MediaTomb's DLNA profile for the Sony Internet TV has not been updated for Android 3.1 (Honeycomb). I know it hasn't for TVersity as it now recognizes it as a Playstation 3. That's why some of the my friend's files that did work no longer work with after update. So, MediaTomb might also be representing it as an incompatible format to the Sony Media Player because it doesn't have the appropriate DLNA profile.

5. vivshank

vivshank New Member

It was a MediaTomb problem after all! For some reason there was no mapping for flacs in the config.xml and their mime type was being displayed as octet/streaming. fixed it by adding this to config file: <map from="flac" to="audio/x-flac"/> rebuilt the database and was all set. cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Excellent. You might want to inform the developers so that they can address it for everyone.