Quantcast

Display won't stay centered on TV

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by whitenack, Dec 29, 2011.

1. whitenack

whitenack New Member

Hi folks, first post.

I just received my Revue for Christmas and I am really liking what I see. Yes, it is limited at the moment but it already solves some problems for me and it is worth it.

I have one little annoying problem in that I can't keep the screen centered on my TV. During the initial setup process, I stretched the display out to all 4 corners of the TV, and everything saved like normal. However, at various times through the course of using the revue, the screen will move around, revealing the underlying image. For example, I will be watching live TV, then I'll pull up my app drawer, but I'll still see a thin strip of live TV along one of the edges. It won't happen all the time, but enough to be annoying. I have gone back into settings and adjusted the screen size, but and it saves my new settings, but it will continue to happen.

I thought it might be how my STB (Tivo) is set up. I checked the resolution settings for it and it was set to 1080i fixed. I changed that to 720p fixed and changed the Revue resolution to 720p fixed, but the problem still happens.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This is a common problem for people whom have plasma televisions. The actual pixels in them gives off light and static images are likely to cause image retention. A process known as Pixel Shifting, which is used to avoid image burn-in. Most these types of televisions have settings to disable or customize how it is facilitated.

• Like Like x 2
  4. whitenack

whitenack New Member

Thanks eferz. I do have a plasma, and I have pixel shifting enabled. I hadn't thought about that being the problem, but that very well could be it. Burn-in is a big concern of mine, especially with my Tivo, Revue, and Wii use. I am constantly worried someone will leave a screen paused for a long time. I like the revue's screen saver and I need to get this solved because the screen saver sometimes doesn't cover the entire picture with this pixel creep problem I've got going. I'll remove the pixel shifting option and see if that solves the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. I hope it works out for you.

6. whitenack

whitenack New Member

turned off the pixel shifting setting and haven't had the problem since! Thanks again!