Quantcast

Dish VIP 222k

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by ryan808, Nov 10, 2011.

1. ryan808

ryan808 New Member

Finally pulled the trigger on google t, but cant get it to see my dish box. Has anyone benn able to sync the system up with a VIP222k box?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There is really nothing to "sync" with the Dish ViP-222k Receiver. This particular receiver is not an Enhance DVR / Advance Integration compatible box. So, you'll need to configure it to use the standard IR configuration as any other device. Go through the process of configuring GTV Settings > TV input > Edit Configured Device and should see, "HDMI 1 and Add Device Manually". Select the "Add Device Manually" and you'll go through the TV source wizard.

3. ryan808

ryan808 New Member

Thanks for the reply. After more digging I came to the conclusion that the reciever I have as you noted is not an Enhanced DVR/ Advance integration compatible box. I did configure through the IR method and now contemplating on an upgraded box. One of the main reason I got Google TV was to intergrate with Dish.

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. Though I should warn you, I don't believe that the Enhance DVR / Advance Integration is worth paying Dish Network $4/mo forever. However that is your prerogative should you decide in purchasing an upgrade and paying the subscription fees. Personally, I think they should have made it a one time setup fee instead of having you pay $80 year for the duration of your Dish Subscription.

5. ryan808

ryan808 New Member

Ive got a unique suscription with dish, our community is based on a group rate and an indepedant party provides the service at a flat rate. If the box is the differentiator in getting the intergrated service, I might give it a try. Let me ask, whats the difference with the integrated service?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Here it is:

7. lkruper

lkruper Member

I have dish and am trying to decide whether to upgrade or not. I have my 32" Sony google TV hooked up now with the IR blaster and can click to access Dish on my ancient 3900 receiver which has neither DVR or HD.

What exactly does one get for $4 per month? If I upgrade to a newer HD receiver which has the necessary HDMI connections and hook up the input and output of the receiver to the TV what happens, nothing? In other words, is there more to the integration than hooking up two HDMI cables or does the activation cause the integration to happen?

Also, since I already have the google tv I don't want to get a Revue just for this. I assume any google TV device would work with Dish integration.

Finally, if I do not get a DVR, is there any advantage to integration beyond what I can do myself? Anybody know?

8. Shink

Shink New Member

I miss my GoogleTV integration with Dish for no other reason than:

"DVR recordings can be set from the results in the Quick Search Box."

I search for something and GoogleTV schedules the DVR recording. Is it worth $4/mo? Depends on the person I guess.

9. akm80

akm80 New Member

i just bought a google tv and i am trying to connect the remote to control my dish solo vip 211k receiver. when i go through the setting to "configure device" and "add device manually" i can not find the correct manufacture, and manufacture codes. i went through the list given of manufactures and could not find a "dish" manufacture, also my receiver does not have a manufactures name printed on it. any help to help me find the right codes, or to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.