Quantcast

Dish Network's Google TV sign-up page live

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by JohnDroid, Oct 6, 2010.

1. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

If you've been itching to pull the trigger on ordering Google TV then wait no longer. Dish networks has their Google TV pre-order page up and ready to roll. They are packaging their service together with the recently announced Logitech Revue hardware.

The price point listed on the website is $179 but it's not clear what that pays for. Contract? No Contract? Leasing the hardware, owning the hardware? Regardless, visit the Dish Network Google TV Pre-Order page to find out more.

Once again thanks to Bluen25 for the tip!

2. bgill55

bgill55 New Member

I so Want this!!! Thanks for the heads up John!!! Vegas soon???? :)

3. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

I called tonight and they say that I can call back on 10/15 to order. I didn't ask if this was pre-order or not. It's $179 for the Revue and $4/month integration fee. I asked if I could stop paying the integration fee at any time and he said yes, there is no minimum number of months to pay the integration fee. Integration fee applies even to the $299 ones for non Dish Network customers.

4. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

Might be another 4 or 5 months before I can head there but maybe for Super Bowl!

5. faganm24

faganm24 New Member

The website just changed. dishnetwork.com/googletv is now slightly different. It explains in more detail the integration fee.

You pay the fee to get "Enhanced GoogleTV", which includes:
    DVR Search
    Video on Demand from Search Bar

"Q: What is the DVR Integration service?
    A: The DVR Integration service is a $4 monthly fee that enables Google TV features exclusive to DISH Network - expanded search your DVR and Video On Demand, schedule recordings and purchase On Demand movies right from the search bar, and get an enhanced experience with apps."

That's it. $4 a month for any Google TV product (Sony, Logitech) whether you pay the $179 or full price for the Revue.

6. nagmier

nagmier New Member

Wow thats a pretty nice deal for DiSH customers glad I'm not a DiSH subscriber though... I'm sure eventually the rest of us will get similar features, I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Netflix search from the QSB