Quantcast

Dish HD 1080p to 720p using Sony Bluray Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by envy, Jan 23, 2011.

1. envy

envy New Member

Hello all,

I just bought Sony Bluray Google TV. I already had Dish 722 DVR and a Panasonic HD TV. I connected them as per instructions. I tried a lot to setup using wireless internet connection but Google TV would just hangs while it automatically tries to download "system updates". I restarted probably 20 times, went through many articles on this forum, and finally tried it out with a "wired" connection (which was a real pain to do in my house). But that did it !!! I am now able to get Google TV up and running. I LOVE IT !!! :) So, inspite of a setup of 5 hours, I still love the final outcome. I just wanted to SHARE my experience so others don't waste 5 hours in setup. Just use a WIRED connection during setup.

My only question that I have for other experienced posters is "why does Google TV downgrade my live tv experience from full HD (1080p) that I had when my DVR was connected directly to TV by HDMI, to a 720p now that it is connected via Google TV but still via 2 HDMI cables as per instructions??"

May be it is due to me not selecting the 'full experience' but just the basic setup of Dish 'experience'. I read on one of the articles that Dish will charge $4/month. So, I wanted to try it first without it. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
    Envy

2. harley man

harley man New Member

you should be able to go to your gtv settings and change it to 1080 p

3. envy

envy New Member

Thanks. That worked. It was easy. I just had to not select "Auto" and select the 1080p manually and that was it.