Quantcast

Disc playback problems?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by hawkmankt, Feb 10, 2012.

1. hawkmankt

hawkmankt New Member

Anyone else have disc problems with this device? I got this for Christmas and I played a cool 5-6 blu-rays in it no problem. Of course, I bought about ten more or so since then and went to play one the other night and...nothing. It just takes the disc in and, after about a minute, spits it back out to me. The remainder of the device (Google TV stuff) works great, but the disc player seems to be on the fritz.

I called Sony and those knuckles didn't have any record of my registration or 2 year extended warranty on it. Needless to say, I promptly emailed them a screen capture of the website confirming my order and purchase of the device and the warranty, but they really are taking long time.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having an issue with this.

Peace Out!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

If only one disc is a problem, the player isn't likely the problem other than possibly needing a firmware update. Does the player have the most recent firmware? I have several Blu-ray players and over 700 Blu-ray discs and have seen some discs that won't load in a player, I move the disc to another player and it plays. In my experience Sony is the best at having firmware ready timely to handle any new Blu-ray releases but I don't have this specific player.

The thread on the player at AVSForums is the best place to check if others are having problems with a specific disc.

3. hawkmankt

hawkmankt New Member

Yeah, it's a defect in the device for sure. I had to send it back to Sony. Good thing it's still under warranty. I love this thing, but need those blu-rays to play now that I've invested a heap at my local blockbuster that closed down. From 0 to 25 blu-rays in no time flat.