Quantcast

disapointed owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by joplinhackspace, Jun 23, 2011.

1. joplinhackspace

joplinhackspace New Member

hia everyone hackspace from joplin mo

i just replace my western digital for a nsz gt1

how to i access a shared file that is on my pc to the unit

where is hulu i know that answer money

thank you

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

I can't understand you. I find your method of communicating insulting and disrespectful. Learn to use punctuation and proper capitalization and proper sentence structure and watch your spelling. It doesn't have to be perfect but a better attempt would be appreciated. If you want to be taken seriously then you should learn to communicate better.

Oh and welcome to the forum. Sorry if I sounded harsh but we aren't a bunch of teeny boppers in here.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  3. joplinhackspace

Let me try this again. I am the proud owner of a nsz- gt1. How do I access the media on my desktop with the nsz-gt1

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

Media on your desktop can be accessed by Google TV devices through a standard called DLNA. So your desktop needs to be running a DLNA server software. If you have a Windows 7 PC then you can used the built in feature that Microsoft calls HomeGroup. But other people prefer to run different DLNA server software. So I suggest you learn and familiarize yourself with DLNA software. I think there is no best one...so try a few out and pick the one you like. Please realize that DLNA implementation on Google TV is in beta and not a very good implementation. So the limiting factor in your success may be a fault of Google TV itself. Problems that you are likely to run into are that not all file types are supported. Depending on which unit you have (Logitech GTV or Sony GTV) different file formats are supported. If you search in this forum your likely to find even more information as to which file types are supported on each platform.

Here is a good list of DLNA options:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UPnP_AV_media_servers_and_clients

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  5. joplinhackspace

thank you. the information has help me to decide what i will do with my Sony GTV. what software do you use.

6. daddypants

daddypants New Member

As a user who has taken the time to try almost all of the media servers available (free and paid) I suggest using the Playstation Media Server. It is as good as any paid Media Server and it is free. It plays ALL file types, not just the native ones to your tv.

• Like Like x 2