Quantcast

Directv VOD search results

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by jacko147, Jan 26, 2013.

1. jacko147

jacko147 New Member

Just installed a NSG-GT7, I have Directv, and I am trying to figure out a way to have my google tv search results include the Directv VOD shows / movies? is this possible? I realize I will not get results for DVR but I cant find any info on the tv provider vod results, I attempted to use the "Google Direct" app which I think is not supported anymore (directv and google tv have both updated since last remarks on the app page), anyways, any help would be most appreciated having a 4 year old wanting to watch a certain show which is on vod, but google tv wont tell me it is.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The ability for GTV to include the TV provider's VOD shows with the search is not available with Direct TV. This functionality is only available with Dish Network.

This capability is called "enhanced integration". A DVR Integration fee enables Google TV features exclusive to DISH Network - including searching DVR and Video On Demand, schedule recordings and purchase On Demand movies right from the search bar, and set-up easily with no IR blaster needed.

Dish charges a $4 monthly fee for the enhanced integration with Google TV. The other TV providers would need to sign deals with GTV to allow enhanced integration. Dish Network was a Google TV partner at launch - but so far none of the other TV providers have signed on.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 2