Quantcast

DirecTV program guide

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by pakal, Aug 7, 2011.

1. pakal

pakal New Member

Has anyone using the Revue paired with a DirecTV receiver ?
    Also how does the Revue Search function work with the DirecTV program Guide. Does it search the programs from within the receiver channel lineup or does it query DirecTV through an API ?
    P_

2. thewilliams1

thewilliams1 New Member

I have the Revue paired with an HR24 .. it pulls the guide via API and the Receiver both, if I'm not mistaken. The Revue queries the Premium Networks for the schedule and pulls info from the Guide as well.

They're great together, IMHO.

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, Google TV downloads the schedule from a channel listing content provider like Zap2It. The channel listings pertinent to you is setup through the TV source setup wizard. Once its configured, the Revue can search through the list and present you with the results.

4. brucebanner

brucebanner New Member

if you have a 3d tv, revue with directv will not work on 3d channels. :( found that out yesterday.

5. pakal

pakal New Member

When you set up the TV source does the Revue actually check on the signal/receiver id ? Let me explain , can U tell the Revue that you have DirecTV , NY area, but in reality you have Comcast , Miami ? Would the REVUE allow you to do it ? Why all this ? I want the REVUE to search the direcTV programming guide, even though I do not have a supported direcTV receiver.
    P_

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, the appropriate channel listing is determined by your choices in the TV source wizard. Most notably, the zip code and the channel provider questions. So, yes, you can then have the Revue download the channels listing for a TV service outside of your location. However, there isn't a current app which will show you the current listing. You can only search against the download listing with the GoogleTV Search.

7. pakal

pakal New Member

Thanks, I was able to accomplish the task and opened a new thread , sorry cannot post link yet.