Quantcast

directv integration now possible w/ honeycomb and true android experience?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by crackers8199, Dec 12, 2011.

1. crackers8199

crackers8199 New Member

now that the honeycomb update for the revue is actually out, who's gonna be the first to hack it / mod it / write an app for it that will allow it to interface with a directv dvr? or at least make an attempt at it?

all the functionality needed is already available...there are third party apps on the market that allow you to browse your dvr recordings, change channels, set up recordings, etc. all we need now is a way to integrate it with the existing software so that it works exactly like it should.

i.e. search should be able to use a third party app to browse your dvr recordings and bring them up on screen. instead of having to go to the guide to set up a future recording, it should be able to use the directv android app to set the recording for you. stuff like that...

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I actually asked Jeff Yang when they are going to publish the protocol used to allow DVRs to communicate with the Revue. He said that it has been already published and only Dish decided to implement it. If there are other brands or providers, then you'll need to ask them why they haven't implemented it yet.

3. crackers8199

crackers8199 New Member

that's not what i meant, though. the functionality is there to allow for communication specifically with directv dvr (that's all i care about right now lol) via third party apps...there's no reason we shouldn't be able to engineer it the other way around, now that apps are available via the market.

4. J101

J101 New Member

These APIs would also benefit those wanting to use MythTV as their DVR of choice...

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. I see. There's no reason that DirecTV couldn't port their mobile apps for the Google TV.