Quantcast

DirecTV 30 Second Skip Forward/Back

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by uscpsycho, Jul 7, 2013.

1. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

Hello! Just got my Co-Star and this is my first post.

I have tried and tried (and searched) to figure out how to enable the 30 second skip forward/back on the Vizio Co-star remote. These commands are so important to me that their absence is a deal breaker. Is there a way to get the costar remote to send these commands? I tried Menu -> Edit assignable keys -> skip forward/skip back... But this does not have the behavior I expected. Plus I can only assign these functions to the colored keys which are used by the DirecTV DVR so I wasn't crazy about reassigning those keys anyway.

So any way to assign the skip forward/back commands to the costar or am I SOL?

Couple of other remote control related questions...

Is using CEC the only way to get the costar remote to power on/off my DVR and AV receiver?

If I have my costar remote paired with bluetooth, can I still control the costar with IR commands from my Harmony remote? Or am I forced to use either IR or BT but not both?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  2. chopper

chopper Active Member

I was able to get the 30sec skip working on the Revue but I got used to hitting the FF button 3 or 4 times and hitting play again when the commercials were skipped instead. I also thought this would be a deal breaker but it wasn't for me.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Try FN>>, that works with TiVo DVRs and at least some Google TV models.

4. uscpsycho

uscpsycho New Member

So you weren't able to get skip forward or back to work with the Costar?
    I tried that and it just brought up the search bar with > in it. Am I doing something wrong?

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You are probably not doing anything wrong, it probably just doesn't work with that DirecTV DVR. The only DirecTV DVR I have tried it with is the HR10-250 and it works with it, at least when using the Sony NSZ-GT1 and Logitech Revue. All I needed to do was to have the 30 second skip activated on the DVR, a TiVo requirement, and then hold the function button and hit the >> button simultaneously. I do have another DirecTV DVR but I don't have DirecTV service any longer but if I get around to it, I can get it out and check it with that model as well since it is just a playback function.