Quantcast

Digital Audio out not working with Vizio VSB200 HD soundbar

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by indianidiot007, Feb 17, 2012.

1. indianidiot007

indianidiot007 New Member

Hi Guys,

I recently got Vizio VSB200 HD soundbar to pair up with Sony Google TV 46", I tried the Digital output available and got no sound on the bar, read sounbar manual and found it requires PCM output, not sure what GTV got. Have any one tried this combination before or does anyone know how to change the TV audio output to PCM.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I tried connecting to cable box with RCA cables and it works fine, but i want to get it working with tv directly as I have xbox audio on the soundbar.

2. sly_fox

sly_fox New Member

i recently bought that exact same sound bar to pair with my Sony NSX-40GT1 and it was pretty much plug and play. By any chance did you switch the inputs on your soundbar? that happened to me the first time I connected it. I know it may be silly but try pushing the input button on your sound bar remote twice. Hope this helps, btw the sound bar is an awesome upgrade to the TV's speakers.

3. indianidiot007

indianidiot007 New Member

thanks for the reply, i have tried the inputs as am using multiple so it doesnt work
    one thing that i found today is, when i play netflix or media player on tv soundbar works, it doesnt work only with live tv
    but if connected to cable box directly it works again
    not sure whats wrong with it

4. hjorth1

hjorth1 New Member

I have this exact same problem.
    Sony Google TV connected to the soundbar via toslink.....sound works great with all google tv apps, but not with live TV with an OTA antenna directly into the TV, the weird thing is, when I go to PIP with the live TV in the small PIP window the sound works........so whats the deal? is this a google tv bug?

please help!

5. hjorth1

hjorth1 New Member

I have discovered by hooking my soundbar up to a different TV that the audio has to be PCM enabled. GTV is supposedly doing this automatically, but it still doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

6. sly_fox

sly_fox New Member

ok Ive had this soundbar for the last 3 moths or so, and I really haven't experienced any problems. It was pretty much plug and play. I have it hooked up to my Sony GTV NSX40GT1 with a toslink cable. My cable tv is hooked up to the RF connector, my wii is hooked up to the component and my PS3 is hooked up to HDMI and all of them output sound through the soundbar. Here are my sound settings just in case they can provide any help:

In the Picture and sound menu:
    MTS Audio: stereo
    Alternate Audio is greyed out
    Speakers: TV speakers

In the sound adjustment menu:
    Sound Mode: Dynamic

The Sound bar has TVHD and TVol settings on and its set to input 3.

Its too bad that some people are having trouble with this unit, honestly its a pretty good option if you dont want to invest on a full fledged sound system. Hope this helps man.