Quantcast

Did I jump to soon

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by JMA375HH, Dec 10, 2010.

1. JMA375HH

JMA375HH New Member

The wife and I saw a TV add the other night about Google TV, so I went to my trusty computer and checked into it and I guess I got caught up in all the hype and ordered one
    that night. We just received it to night, I got it through Dish Network for 179.00 + shipping. I have yet to set it up and just wondering from what I have been reading maybe I should return it and spend my money some place else. Or is the future bright enough to keep it. Thanks for any help.

JMA

2. Jerz

Jerz New Member

I am really diggin' mine but i have the sony 46inch internet tv.... sure is nice to window the tv and surf the web and reply to forums while lying in bed .... Goodluck with it; I'd keep it

3. shawn_hall

shawn_hall New Member

Especially since you got it for $179+ship, that's not a bad price. I paid full price and still enjoy mine. It is too bad about the networks blocking videos from their sites, but not unexpected given they do that for other boxes too. So, for now, there are plenty of other things to do and still some free content to watch. When the Application Marketplace opens (January?) there will be less for naysayers to complain about!

-Shawn

4. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

JMA375HH
    [​IMG]

Keep it and start enjoying some neat feature now that should increase ten-fold in the near future! Wife will be impressed like mine, with the 75K movies/shows streaming from Amazon VOD at low cost.

5. JMA375HH

JMA375HH New Member

Well got GTV installed yesterday, well almost... got to a point in setup that asked for a code for my VIP622 receiver. So had to call Logitech for help. The guy was really helpful I guess Dish Net wants 4.00 a month extra if I don't already pay them enough, for added features. We worked around that for now. I set up wireless with my linksys router but it had problems with all my settings so I had to disable them so I could download the GTV software. Going to try again today with wep. The other problem I ran into was my ten year old A/V HT wont work with GTV soooo I guess I have to shop up a new receiver. Other than that the little time I had to play with it was very good I like the key board, that surprised me. and the system worked very smooth. I noticed one other thing when I tried playing any video on line everyone buffered allot maybe a hard wire from router would help instead of using WiFi. Time will tell.

6. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Sounds like you might have been better using DISH @ $4.00 per month if you had your DVR already hooked to your Vip 622. Why don't you add internet to it, then the GTV box creates a bridge to that, if you don't? (only one internet hook-up) Can be done by cable or a wireless adapter ($25 from DISH). Really a simple set up and simple for the GTV, too. Guess you don't have HDMI inputs on your A/V receiver? You really need to use and have them on your DVR, TV, & A/V receiver to get great 1080I or 1080P video. Good Luck & Enjoy

7. j0371

j0371 New Member

keep it