Quantcast

Device not recognized on laptop

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by TailWagger, Sep 9, 2013.

1. TailWagger

TailWagger New Member

I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 prof. I also have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2. The Chromecast is up and running just fine on the tablet and my wi-fi network. The laptop runs on the same wi-fi network. After setup, etc on the laptop, there is no Chromecast icon in YouTube. In the Chrome browser, the icon is there, but I get No Cast Device Found. I've verified that I have up to date software versions. I also have the Chromecast extension added to the browser.

Any suggestions for me? I'd appreciate any ideas you have!

Thank you!

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The following is from the Chromecast Help web page:

If you wish to cast a video from the youtube.com player but don't see the Cast button in the bottom right-hand corner, try these steps:

-- Make sure your laptop is connected to your Wi-Fi network and your Chromecast is setup and connected to the same network.

-- If you haven't already, install the Google Cast extension.

-- Disconnect from a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy server, if applicable. Chromecast cannot communicate with your laptop over these networks.

-- If you have the Cast extension installed on your browser, click it and see if you have the option to project your tab. If you do not see a Chromecast device in the dropdown, that means your device is not on or not set up. See how to setup your Chromecast.

-- If you do see your Chromecast listed on the Cast extension, you may be trying to view content that cannot be directly played back on youtube.com. In this case, project your browser tab with the Cast extension.

Still having trouble? Contact Us.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/troubleshooter/2995236?hl=en#ts=3081748,3228554,3228518

3. TailWagger

TailWagger New Member

Yes I followed those. Well I should say I think I've followed those. Obviously something isn't right. And I've worked with their tech support twice. But since the device itself is working, that's as far as they'll go. I have turned off my Avast antivirus, and the Windows firewall but that didn't remedy the issue. But I'm not real techie so perhaps I missed something. There is probably one little setting that is tripping me up somewhere.

4. Wilton55

Wilton55 New Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014