Quantcast

default to chrome?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by fleshoff, Nov 2, 2011.

1. fleshoff

fleshoff New Member

Our company has purchased a Sony and we were going to try and set up a web-based kiosk. I have set it to default to Chrome but it defaults to the search bar, can I get it to default to the homepage already up?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, but you can setup a bookmark which will open that page directly. Otherwise, you're going to need a developer to create a KIOSK app for you.

3. fleshoff

fleshoff New Member

so there is no way to bring up chrome with homepage up like it does on my Chrome browser on my PC. That seems like a very strange feature to leave out.

BTW, I must say the Sony Google TV has one of the least intuitive controllers I have ever encountered, no one at my office can figure out how to navigate

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The update to Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) has the ability to set Chrome's homepage through the context menu. However, when you open Chrome for the first time, it will show the open location bar first with the homepage out of focus. It would probably be better to hire an Android developer to create a full screen KIOSK app for you, so people can't randomly escape out it.