Quantcast

Default Search Path

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by dspent, Jun 21, 2011.

1. dspent

dspent New Member

Just got my GTV using logitech revue device on Father's Day. Hands down, best gift EVER!!!

Now a question I have is about searching. When I enter search terms - let's say for example: Family Guy Characters
    When I hit enter after typing the search words, GTV will first search the TV giving me the option in the top right corner to search the web. This is cool, but for me in pretty much 99% of cases I want to search the web only.

How can I force GTV to always search the web first, and give the option to search TV if desired?

Thanks,
    Jones

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

After you type your search don't hit enter...instead down arrow to the bottom choice that says to search the web. There is no way to default it to search the web. Or you could add bookmark to Google and then choose that bookmark....and then your search will be done by the google web search engine.

3. Netastophales

Netastophales New Member

It's a good thought though. I like the idea of being able to rank the search options.

4. dspent

dspent New Member

not the response I was hoping for but I guess I should have expected it. Like Google Chrome, it seems that Google TV is a bit unfinished and unpolished. As cool as both products are and believe me I am not getting rid of either, there are just certain features and abilities that other products seems to have that are just missing from Google's products. Seems like it is just the way they do things. They overlook certain standard features in favor of the wow factor features. But once the wow wears off though, you really miss those simple things. For example, the lack of print preview and opening downloads in the browser in Chrome or being able to make Google TV default to search the web rather than searching tv and web.
    At any rate, I appreciate the replies and having the perform the extra step of clicking on the option I want to search just the web is definitely NOT a deal breaker for me. Just an annoyance. I think this Google TV/Logitech Revue is an absolute game changer and a sign that TV and Web technology is finally moving in the right direction. I can't wait for the day when I can drop my satellite subscription and just get all my programming from the web. SOOOO sick of having to pay upwards of 100 bucks a month to get the 10 -20 channels I watch and having to subsidize the other 210 channels I could care less about. I'd give my right arm for a-la-cart programming. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to rant and vent the frustrations with entertainment choices, Google and the web.

Jones