Quantcast

Default Media Player file browser cover art question.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Sid_6.7, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Sid_6.7

Sid_6.7 New Member

I have an external hdd with movies on it & I noticed while browsing them that my artwork folder that has nothing but image files had one of my pictures showing within the folder icon. I thought this was a cool little feature for the media player but how do I add them it the others? Like for my movies which are all in individual folders.

Are there requirements to get it to work? Like renaming the image to "cover" or size or extension? The only thing I've tried so far is placing the corisponding image to the movie folder which didn't work. I even let it sit idle for awhile just to check if it was resizing it or adding it to the database.

I own the 46" Sony Google Tv. Thanks for any help given.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

When connected locally through the USB ports, the Logitech and Sony Media Players will ignore any cover art whether its embedded in the container or a image in the folder.

3. Sid_6.7

Sid_6.7 New Member

Appreciate the reply, just figured it out last night. Its a hdd sync thing. I got a 2TB with a good number of movies on it & while watching on about 2/3 through one and a notification popped up saying it was synced. The image needs to be in the same folder & I named all the image files either "cover" or the name of the video file ex: "mymovie.avi.jpg". Too bad the media player doesn't create a tumb database, takes forever and doesn't stay when scrolling. The best app I found is called GTVBox I think. Its $3 but also supports network streaming, tags, and additional support for mkv tagging which to me is worth the money. Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012