Quantcast

Dead Gtv?

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by plope125, Mar 9, 2012.

1. plope125

plope125 New Member

I was watching netflix the other night and poof, the tv went blank and the standby LED was flashing in increments of two. I tried pressing the power button and the green light would come on and seconds later it would go back to the flashing red. I contacted sony and they told me it meant something was internally wrong with the TV....=( literally only had it a year kind of killed sony products in my eyes, but that's not what is important hear. Ive already taken back to the best buy I bought it from, I had the 2 year warranty. My question is i guess to people people who know a little more about these things are made and or produced but should i bank on a phone call saying i need to pick out a new tv or do you think it will be fixed and work like normal? (hopefully for longer than a year this time)

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Have you tried a factory reset? Also I suggest you try a power reset (instructions are given on the Sony web site).

3. plope125

plope125 New Member

yeah, thats what sony helped me do first and it didn't do anything, thats when they said it meant something was wrong with the tv's internals

4. boysous

boysous New Member

This just happened to me, how to fix?