Quantcast

Daydream Issues + Google Cast Receiver Has Stopped

Discussion in 'Android TV' started by magearden, Jun 15, 2015.

1. magearden

magearden New Member

My nexus player will go into daydream mode but will not sleep, my only thought is that my wireless keyboard and mouse which is connected over an OTG cable, is keeping it awake. I have a few questions ...

Is there a way to put the device to sleep and lock it with a pin (the only way around this I found was using restricted profiles)

If the keyboard and mouse is the culprit do I disconnect the OTG cable or switch the keyboard and mouse wireless switch to off ?

It's worth mentioning that my nexus player was playing a video this morning that I don't remember clicking. I performed a factory reset in case my nexus player caught something. Sorry this is my first experience with android lollipop and the nexus player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's a known issue but I forgot to mention (totally unrelated to the daydream issue) but sometimes an error would pop up and say "Google Cast Receiver Has Unexpectedly Stopped" is this normal ? I've heard it's in Beta so there might be some complications :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  2. magearden

magearden New Member

So I found that through further use my nexus player did in fact sleep (my keyboard and mouse wasn't at fault) turns out when switching video inputs the device wakes itself automatically. Still though, I have issues with Google Cast Receiver has stopped, anyone else experiencing this problem ? Is there a fix :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Percussionista

Percussionista New Member

... I have issues with Google Cast Receiver has stopped, anyone else experiencing this problem ? Is there a fix :/

I am getting this message on my Sony XBR 43X830C TV, seems like twice in a row each day. I'm not casting anything ;-) Just using the TV as a PC monitor at this point, and up pops this message. I do send in the error report that it requests. I sure hope this gets fixed soon.