Quantcast

Dark desktop screen

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by Anubis666, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Anubis666

Anubis666 New Member

Hi all,
    my desktop (lack of better words) is always dark, the default pictures in the box are even to dark to see. every now and then when I am poking around the screen will get to normal brightness for a second then back to a dark, almost like a powersaver is on so the desktop is muted.
    I can not find a setting so I am asking for help, Sony NSZ-GS7 G-tv box, using HDMI cable (cable has been swapped out to rule that out) on a Sony LCD TV

Thanks in advance

2. Travel

Travel Active Member

Well, all that comes to mind is that, if you have the cursor at the top of screen, there will be an "overlay" that darkens-out the screen and a search box appears. There is a "Google Home" setting to eliminate that from happening, but if this is the case, there's really no need to change the setting, it's just a matter of keeping the cursor away from the top of the screen (you may want to use that search box at times).

If this is what's going on: when you get the "dark screen" just hit the back button and it'll go away.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  3. Anubis666

Anubis666 New Member

Thanks for replying.
    It's always this way, except for when it mocks me to show me that it should be brighter :mad:. This blip is so random as well it is hard to pinpoint why it will show the full brightness.
    Thats a good way to explain it that the "overlay" that darkens-out the screen when searching is always on.
    I'm starting to think that the box is just defected since it has always done this,(I bought this box over a year ago) the weird thing is, it does not affect any other app. Even the default desktop pic of the spirals on the blue background looks black with glints of something in the screen, this is just a desktop brightness issue, all functions work, tried swapping HDMI cable, even hooked it up to another TV, same issue.