Quantcast

Danon Receiver

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Zack, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Zack

Zack New Member

Hi there,

I recently connected the NSZ- GT1 Google TV device through my new Danon Receiver, using HDMI cables and following the on-screen instructions.

TV and music CD's are working great and the Google remote has control over the cable box. However, even though I placed the second IR Blaster over the right location on the receiver (the first one is located on the cable box) and tried a few codes suggested on-screen, the Google remote was not able to take control over the receiver (volume and other functions). I've already tried to reboot and start over a few times but it didn't help.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance,
    Zack

2. kgrr

kgrr New Member

What's your Danon Receiver's model number?

3. Zack

Zack New Member

Danon AVR-391

4. saisivak

saisivak New Member

I Have Denon 391 Receiver and I had connected and accessed through Sony Blue Ray GTV remote and it worked well. Few things to note. The IR receiver is located in Denon on left hand side when we are facing the receiver and just close to the small display.
    You can switch on and Off and increase volume only after GTV completely boots up, whereas I could switch on TV or aceess DirectV DVR almost instantly. I forgot the code to which I mapped, I think it was bottom 2nd. Hope this helps

5. Zack

Zack New Member

Thanks so much for the advice. I followed your instructions above but for some reason the LED light didn't turn on and the remote didn't take control of the receiver (I tried all 4 codes offered on screen). I think I may be placing the IR blaster in the wrong place - did you mean the left-hand side of display screen (when facing the receiver), just left to the letters displayed on the receiver screen?

6. saisivak

saisivak New Member

It is very sensitive to the IR blaster position. On the left hand side of the display, there ae 4 HDMI Input select buttons, Place the blaster just next to the Game button and stick it so that the protruding part is just on the Display area.

Thanks