Quantcast

CX-919 Android PC Stick - Quad core, 1.6Ghz, Jellybean 4.2.2, 2GB RAM $62.99 shipped

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mrspock, Jul 5, 2013.

1. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

There is deal on this well reviewed Quad Core Android stick for $62.99 shipped

CX-919 Android 4.1.1 OS RK3188 ARM Cortex A9 1.6 GHz Quad Core Mini PC TV Box 2G/8G BT WiFi HDMI with External Antenna Black - In4dealz.com

• Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) Operating System
    • Quad Core Rockchip RK3188 ARM Cortex A9 Processor @ 1.6GHz
    • GPU offers 3D graphics with OpenGL ES2.0 and OpenVG 1.1
    • 2D/3D GPU (4 Core Mali 400 Graphics Processor @ 500MHz)
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM with 8GB Internal Nand flash ROM Storage
    • Wifi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n protocols supported
    • Built-in AP6210 WiFi (2.4G) + Bluetooth 4.0 Module for multiple external control options
    • Netflix / Google Play / Amazon App Store Capable

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The hardware sounds good. Although I would prefer a device with ethernet. I can't speak for this specific device - but I've read of 2 major issues in general with the android TV devices from China:

1) Wi-Fi problems

2) poor firmware support from manufacturers

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This one has an antenna and Wi-Fi might be acceptable. As far as firmware, my guess is there is no chance the company will have anybody with the expertise to address any issues.

4. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

well, being one who actually has one of these magic china boxes.. i will say they are to far ahead of google tv as it stands stands right now,, there is no contest.. im waiting for the quadcore to shake out a bit and see when the really good ones will show.. i dont like the stick form factor... but the company i choose seems to have a hell or a lot more tech expertise then logitech did.. logitech answer to ever problem was do a hard reset... and being the bad and evil human that i am, i really love XBMC... and i can watch pretty much any thing i want in HD... example? i can watch the TDF in HD(GO SAGAN!!!) from the eurosport HD feed from a addon that some super smart wizkid developed just a few days ago.. and these wizkids have a real passion for this python codeing.. so i will support all their efforts its cool to see what kinda ideas they come up with.... if it can be streamed you can see it on xbmc... and a real android op... not Honeycomb... perhaps when google goes JBGTV.. but im pretty sure it will be neutered as well with drm and lack of flash or some other compromise.. nope i think i will let the free thinking china made boxes have my attention as far as streaming boxes go... its just a much more interesting platform and if that means i have to root it and rely on really smart devs to provide rom upgrades,,, thats not a problem... but then again this is JMHO... but i do have one of these types of android boxes... and will buy more... gladly..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yep it's already been mentioned that the GTV Jellybean update will include hardware support for DRM.

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't have any problem with properly licensed products made in China, I own a bunch of those, some included in my signature. Support for Oppo Blu-ray players is second to none, beats the major consumer electronics companies in my experience. If people believe these no name Android devices are going to be supported with timely firmware updates provided by the manufacturer, based on what I have read, I would say you are dreaming. I don't own one after reading about the problems.

As far as Logitech, I do own a bunch of Logitech products, Harmony remotes, mice, keyboards and two Logitech Revues. I used a Revue almost daily for two years, only recently retired it because I have Sony Google TV boxes that work better. Logitech products and support have been first rate in my experience but Logitech lost a lot of money on the Revue and it will soon be left behind. As of right now, it runs the same Chrome browser and same operating system as all other Google TV boxes and I am sure there are Revues in service still that work well, I think it was a great product but it is almost three years old now and other than the K700 keyboard controller, it has been beaten by other products for my needs. I sure wouldn't have replaced it with a no name Android mini PC.