Quantcast

Custom Shelf - Bookmarks - Channels

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by macdude, Sep 11, 2011.

1. macdude

macdude New Member

Hello All,

I got the Sunday Ticket and I wanted to bookmark all of the channels. So I created bookmarks and I wanted to create a custom shelf with just those bookmarks. Easy right? I created the bookmarks fine and they are now in the main bookmark list. I then created a custom shelf and I when I went to add the bookmarks to the shelf with the intent of deleting everything but the Sunday Ticket channels. The only problem is that only the first three channels showed up. Any suggestions?
    Macdude

2. macdude

macdude New Member

***Update***
    Ok, it turns out that the 3 channels were just the preview, one has to "open" the shelf to see the bookmarks. So this option is not the best since it involves extra clicks. If I create another bookmarks shelf, all the bookmarks show up without having to "open" the list. However, now I have two items called Bookmarks in my home menu list. Any way to rename this newly created bookmark shelf?
    Macdude

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's how the custom shelf works. You'll have to enter the "shelf" to see the remaining bookmarks within.

4. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Member

I have a Revue.
    How do I create a shelf?

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

A couple pieces of wood and some nails would do the trick. :)

You can create a custom shelf by going into the GTV Home and selecting "Edit" then "+" and select "Custom Shelf". Give it a name then add your items. Have fun shelving.

6. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

From what I can tell, the problem is that websites can only be bookmarked to the main bookmarks page - not to any newly created "custom shelf" bookmarks list? Because of this, when I have too many bookmarks, I have to transfer them to www.google.com/bookmarks

7. macdude

macdude New Member

I really just wanted to create a channel list that I can quickly access and tune to on DirecTV for the Sunday Ticket Channels since I only watch them on Sundays. I thought a custom shelf would do the trick because you can favorite channels but because of the number of clicks it takes to view the list in the shelf, creating another Favorites list allows the quick access. The downside is I now have 2 favorites in my home menu and I don't know how to rename it to something else.

By the way, I called DirecTV a few weeks ago and said I wanted to cancel, because they made an error on my bill. As part of the retention effort, they gave me the Sunday Ticket for free plus a 20 dollar credit. Touchdown!
    Macdude

8. chig

chig New Member

How do you have two favorites lists? Everything just goes into the one bookmarks folder for me and I don't see how to make subfolders or the like.

9. macdude

macdude New Member

well I created another Bookmark list but it just turned out to just be a mirror of the original. I guess the only way to set up a set of channels is to set up a separate shelf.

10. FastKatt

FastKatt New Member

Good deal, I'll have to play with these settings after we're done watching our movie.
    This is why I love that you can find forums for just about everything!