Quantcast

Cubes Live TV Issue

Discussion in 'Asus Qube' started by gtaguy, Jun 17, 2013.

1. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

Hey guys/gals hope you are all enjoying your cube and been bug free.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced a weird issue with the live tv feature...
    I have had this box for a little over a month now and about 3 weeks ago after turning on the tv I could hear my cable box audio working but no Picture, The screen was dark.
    I did a reboot on the Cube and the live tv video and audio came back as normal. it did this a few time also after this with the reboot always working . Fast forward 2 weeks later and now i get no audio or video for the live tv.
    I don't want to factory reset Becuase of all the personal configuration i have already done to this unit. (dropbox, plex able remote, netflix, ftp, tons of favorites, smb share, etc, etc.
    I have countless times tried to remove and add my STP box to see if that resolve the issue with no such luck.

Has anyone experienced something similiar ? . Does anyone know the service that manages the live tv app ?, Or any suggestions before i sadly relent and factory wipe this unit..

Thank you all for your help in advance.

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Check to see if HDMI cables are working correctly. I was having the same issues w/one of the newer units I tried. For some reason the bad HDMI cable worked fine w/my Logitech Revue and viewing cable directly from the TV. But the newer the unit the more trouble I had w/the one HDMI cable I identified as the culprit. I now only use high quality Hdmi cables. All my lower end cables eventually needed to be replaced for one reason or other. The higher quality cable I bought in 2010 from Radio Shack is my most reliable cable (Auvio) and I use it and other similar cables to test units.

HTH

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  3. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

indeed that did the trick .. bought a new high-speed HDMI cable and voila video and audio is back.will keep an eye on it over the next few days.... thanks for your help. gotta run as my 2 year old is bugging out

• Like Like x 2