Quantcast

Crunchyroll App to Join Google TV 2.0

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Rickaren, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Crunchyroll App to Join Latest Version of Google TV

CR and its Android app hop along for the Google TV ride

November 03, 2011

[​IMG] The latest release of Google TV will feature Crunchyroll's app as one of the Android applications optimized for the service. The Crunchyroll app itself will be free to download and use on Google TV, which is accessible through the Logitech Revue or the Sony Internet TV Blu-Ray Disc Player powered by Google TV.

Crunchyroll's app allows users to view its entire anime and Asian content library on the aforementioned platforms, with simulcasts available shortly after the Japanese broadcast to Premium Members, as most here are well aware.

[​IMG]

"We are excited to be a part of Google TV's latest release and showcase our product on this amazing platform," said Crunchyroll VP of Product Development James Lin, adding, "With a Crunchyroll application already out on the Android marketplace, this is the next logical step to address the growing demands for tech-savvy anime fans everywhere."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SOURCE

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Actually, they were at the beginning... So, this is sort of 'old' news but I guess its a comfort to those that don't have the update yet.

3. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Anytime I see a Press Release or Article referencing ANY App for the latest Google TV 2.0 I plan to post it here. With our membership growing leaps and bounds everyday here, we must realize that all these new members have not read previous posts. (yet?). We may also need to change the description of this section or establish a new one just about "New Apps to Google TV" once we all have been updated to Google TV 2.0, for quick reference. In the future I would think this will be a major item for discussion.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing you for posting it. I'm merely pointing out that it has been available since the market was made available unlike what the article's title suggests.