Quantcast

Crackle App That Works (Caveats)

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Xenrid, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Xenrid

Xenrid New Member

Every version of the Crackle app I had sideloaded to my GoogleTV devices allowed me to browse through movies and shows fairly well but as soon as I tried to play something they all would just crash. For this reason I wasn't expecting much when I ripped the Crackle app from my FireTV Stick and sideloaded it onto my Asus Cube

I was surprised to find that this version will actually play videos, but there are a couple of caveats.
    1. Minor - You have to have the Amazon App Store installed.
    2. Major - Video doesn't play full screen; it just shows up in the top left corner.

This is the same video issue encountered with Showbox after v2.9. I'm guessing it might have something to do with a change to the video library the apps are compiled against but I'm far from an Android expert so who knows. Any ideas on a possible solution?

Anyway, I have tested it on the Logitech Revue, Netgear NeoTV Prime, and Asus Cube and it works the same on all of them, so GTV gen 1 and 2 both work.

Here is a link to the page I hosted the file on:
    http://www.filedropper.com/crackle4211

If this link is in violation of forum rules please remove it.

Sorry if filedropper is a bad filehosting site. I haven't put any files up for download on the net in a very long time and I don't know which filehosts are good anymore... plus I didn't want to have to create an account somewhere.

If you can suggest a better filehost I'll upload it there as well.

Hope someone finds this useful.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I had noticed some weeks ago that Crackle had dropped off the Google TV supported list, not sure why that happened. Thanks for the effort to find something that works. I have other boxes with Crackle access but haven't used the service in a long time.

3. Towelie

Towelie New Member

So there is just no way to side load Crackle, or cast Crackle to a Sony set top GTV box from a phone either?