Quantcast

Counting $$$

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by overtimeman, Dec 24, 2013.

1. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Saw the Acer Chromebook for $199 and the Samsung for $249 at Wal Mart,both had HDMI connections to hook up to a big screen to use as a monitor.If push comes to shove down the road and GTV doesn't live up to its hype with an upgrade instead of buying a third generation of GTV I'll go that route.Chase.com is already telling me to upgrade my browser and Mass Mutual the login icon is a guess now.Have the Roku for my streaming needs and several movie apps/channels to choose from if I want a PPV movie.With the so called upgrade everyone will be ticked if flash is removed cause there is no timeline set for sites to switch from flash to HTML5!What a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into.Hope Sony is listening and "IF" they upgrade the second generation GS7/GS8 wonder if they could sneak a flash code in there until the internet has made the full transition.Wishful thinking....eh.Bought a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse the first of the year in the closet so no problem there.Have to develop a wait and see attitude! LOL!

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

No chance Sony can alter the Google TV Jelly Bean Chrome browser to include Flash so any workaround worth using will have to come from some other source. Fortunately I will have Flash covered with other devices so I hope Sony gets the update to Jelly Bean out soon.

3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Yep I have an I pod that Verizon gave me to extend my contract two more years after I told them I wasn't giving up my Samsung Convoy.Best cell phone i ever had.But the I Pod is a little frustrating with my big hands and fingers.Do have that Nook from back in the summer but I don't enjoy using a tablet as much as I thought I would.Even with the Revue showing it's age at least with it the flash may be outdated but its not going anywhere.

4. retroben

retroben Active Member

In my neck of the woods,I saw a laptop at Best Buy for $245 plus tax with Quad-Core,AMD Vision (AMD does not suck like Intel),and a 500GB Hard Drive.
    I can't remember the RAM size,but even 2Gigs would be perfect for this price.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Travel

Travel Active Member

The percentage of websites on the internet that support HTML5 is in the 90s%; that equals or exceeds the number of websites that support Flash. A device with the Jelly Bean update will have the option to view a website in the mobile version, or the full desktop version in HTML5.

6. retroben

retroben Active Member

What about playing awesome things like Happy Wheels?
    I hope that side-loading the flash will work and run fast enough on my GS7 if we ever get the update.

7. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am using a Windows laptop and just can't be convinced a Chromebook will meet my needs as well although I can see the attraction for others. Google TV with PlayOn and Plex works very well with a Windows 7 PC for what I want, not sure about Windows 8.x since I don't have one to test.

I see a lot of complaining about lack of Flash with Google TV Jellybean but it is too easy an issue to overcome for me to be concerned.