Quantcast

CoStart Failure - Product + CS

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Bdad, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Bdad

Bdad New Member

I purchased a CoStar directly from Vizio after being in a backorder situation. I finally hooked it up and had a series of issues relating to video and sound that lead Vizio to tell me they wanted to replace the unit. I gave them my CC# so they would ship a replacement unit which showed up about a week later.

I attempted to use the refurbished unit only to have the same issues with picture and sound. Working with the tech rep again we could not solve the issue and they suggested replacing this unit after talking with their engineer. They asked me for my CC# again at which point I told them I wanted to return it for a refund. They told me I would need to pay for the return and likely be assessed a 10% charge. I objected, we talked and they agreed to credit and issue a return label.

I got this agreement on a Friday. When I still had nothing the following Tuesday I called CS. The rep told me the first rep had not filed the claim correctly and that he was taking care of it. Two days later I still had no email or label so I called again. I was placed on hold and their phone system hung up on me. I called back and got a new agent who I explained everything to again. They placed me on hold and when they came back they said that is was "being worked on" and that I should hear from them in 24-48 hours. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Several minutes later I get a woman who says she is a supervisor. I explain the situation to her and she says they need to email the warehouse to find out what's going on and that I should hear in 24-48 hours and that there is nothing else they can do.

All CS people were courteous and apologetic but offered no solution other than to continue to wait.

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Have you returned the unit?

3. Bdad

Bdad New Member

I have not. I am still waiting for the return authorization and label. Tomorrow (Friday Feb 15th) starts my 8th day waiting.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

Seems strange that you have the same problem with two different units - what video and audio issues are you having? What version of teh software are you running, did you do the updates?

5. Bdad

Bdad New Member

The first unit went through 2 updates and then said there were no more. The issues were the icons and content being about 10% off the screen and no sound from the hdmi out port of the CS to my TV. I plugged the Roku into the equation and it worked fine (all materials 100% on screen and full sound).

The second unit started out with the picture 100% on screen but no sound. with the tech on the phone I switched the Roku in and it worked perfectly. I then told the CS to check for updates. It found one this time and then said no more. We tried updating 3 different times. (I don't remember what version both got to before they said there were no more). I then switched hdmi cables and tested both the CS and Roku again. Roku provided sound but the CS didn't.

We then went through audio and video settings on the CS trying different combinations. We checked the Vizio tv checking for any sound options. No combination would work. When the tech told me to do the factory reset that's when the issue with the picture going off the screen started again. Nothing changed between the factory reset and the screen issue. As noted previously I could not get the Hiteker tv to recognize either CS unit.

6. LeadingMan

LeadingMan New Member

Did you go through the screen resizing? It's in the setup process or you can go to Settings->Guided Setup->Screen Sizing

7. Bdad

Bdad New Member

Did indeed after every reset. Even changed the tv's settings to normal, wide, etc., trying to find some combination with the CS settings but nothing worked.

8. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I know I should not say this as you have exhausted every recourse available. But the Vizio Unit is not this complicated. I'm telling ya, there is a simple fix to this. The worst thing you could do is send it back at cost! I just can't get my head around yer problem. It doesn't make sense.

It's something too simple that falls under the radar of Vizio Support...

Geeze, I have a headache!!!

I get this everytime I try to help Vizio users...

They keep sending users new boxes, but according to Amazon these boxes are the same ones w/the exact serial numbers you guys have sent back. And they are not even refurbished units. They are units that were in perfect working order, but the users could not get em to work. The 2nd time around every unit works. Because the problem is based on folks not understanding the basics of GTV.

Dude, just get rid of the box...

Carl

9. Bdad

Bdad New Member

Update: Saturday February 16th. Since I still don't have the return authorization now (submitted Feb 9th) I called Vizio CS back. Depending on the day/time one can get either Utah or South Dakota call centers. My last call with a "supervisor" was in Utah. She told me that they can not call the warehouse and can only correspond via email. She said I would have my authorization within 24-48 hours guaranteed. I called into day (2 days later) since I still had no label. This time South Dakota answers. I give the case number and the CS rep says that I should have it by Monday. She also told me that the person I spoke to in Utah was not a supervisor but rather a "team lead" and was incorrect about the ability to call the warehouse. Apparently the South Dakota site can call the warehouse but Utah can't. However, the warehouse is closed on the weekends.

So, if you need to call Vizio CS ask for South Dakota if they answer in Utah. If you are not able to resolve your situation as for the Dispute Escalation Team.