Quantcast

Costar - Spotlight Made for TV - Cartoon Network - Full episodes

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by gorkam, Aug 2, 2013.

1. gorkam

gorkam New Member

I've gone through the setup on Cartoon Network via the Spotlight Made for TV section.I've entered my Comcast login/password and it goes forward, but then it just sits on the LOADING screen for a hour. At that point I decided it wasn't going to work.Has anyone had a luck configuring this? Is this a flash limitation by any chance?Thanks, Gorkam

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I just tried the Cartoon Network from Spotlight section on my Logitech Revue. It looks like the GTV Spotlight version of Cartoon Network is currently just a link to their regular web site. There used to be a real Cartoon Network GTV Spotlight app (designed especially for leanback TV viewing). It would play a continuous string of clips in leanback mode (no full episodes).

So it appears as though another GTV Spotlight app 'has bit the dust'. (There used to be Spotlight apps for TNT, TBS, & HBO GO but those were removed). In general I don't think signing into the TV channel web sites in order to validate a Cable TV subscription currently works well with GTV. I have read of people having difficulties signing-in and validating for Watch ESPN (although ESPN 3 works with GTV). I know FOX is using Flash 11 which GTV doesn't support. The other major networks web sites are blocking GTV.

As far as not being able to sign-in on the Cartoon Network site for the full episodes - I suspect it is due to some kind of Flash incompatibility (similar to why HBO GO currently doesn't work on the GTV Chrome browser).

The short clips from Cartoon Network work on my Logitech Revue. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. gorkam

gorkam New Member

Ok, thank you for your help! I'll keep tinkering as I can and hope for wonderful updates

Gorkam