Quantcast

costar remote able to "learn", and/or control anything on AVR other than volume?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by zim2dive, Dec 27, 2012.

1. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Is there any way to have the co-star remote control input-selection on an AVR (I have a Denon AVR-1912)... ie. to switch between BluRay, SAT, FM ?

I'm not seeing anything obvious.. it has a code for Denon AVR 1712 (close enough, I reckon).. but its not clear how many things on a Denon it knows how to do, based on that code.

2. h8isgr8

h8isgr8 New Member

Wisdom says, "You missed something, go back pair your remote with your Co-Star, also you might want to read the user manual for the Co-Star too".

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  3. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Been there done that. If you know something please tell me what page in the ~65pg manual I didn't read thoroughly. It has HDMI-CEC, yes.. and gives no detail on how to make use of it. Either way I'd need the AVR input switching to be bound to a remote key.

So again, and please feel free to use short, small words, how does one get the Co-Star remote learn to control something such as input selection on a Denon AVR (so I can remove the Denon remote from the table)

4. h8isgr8

h8isgr8 New Member

Sorry, I was just being a sarcastic ***hole. A certain "helpful" member here seems to think that if someone is having problems it's either due to not reading the manual, being a stupid moron, or both.

I'm sure he will come "help" you soon.

5. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Just making sure I'm not missing anything :) From what I read about HDMI-CEC, I don't think it would do the trick anyway (seems to have some limited functions.. but I have never used it, so I might be wrong). And there isn't any IR learning than I can find mention of. Bummer.

And yes, some folks do have a high enthusiasm for the Co-Star :), altho I actually think folks here are more willing to acknowledge the faults than at many forums.

I just keep thinking how little extra it would take to make this a really great product.. work from both Vizio and Google... Not to derail my own thread, but between Google, Apple, and Microsoft, I swear no one wants to "win" the TV-appliance war.. they all make a decent initial effort and then stall miserably.