Quantcast

CoStar killing radio reception on Denon AVR19111

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by zim2dive, Jan 27, 2013.

1. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Been going nuts trying to figure out why my radio reception would drop out for 2-3 seconds every 1-2 minutes...

Finally turned the CoStar off (normally) I leave it on.. problem goes away. It seems that at each radio dropout, my Denon is trying to resync to the signal coming from the CoStar.. even tho the Denon is set to radio Tuner... you can see the on-screen menu (on the TV) fuzz out and come back, like its changing resolution... any idea what's going on?

My setup is DVR->CoStar->DenonAVR->TV

Since the CS doesn't have a separate digital out, and my TV doesn't have ARC, I can't put the CoStar after the AVR, or I wouldn't get its sound (speaker bar driven by Denon)

2. zim2dive

zim2dive Active Member

Well I figured out the work-around.. Tuner is audio-only.. the video source was set to be the HDMI in from the CoStar... so when I switch the video source to "tuner", no more issues. That doesn't explain what the costar is doing to cause the AVR to keep switching when there is no Video in to the Costar... but maybe I don't need to solve that mystery, at least not now. Seems to be misbehaving, but...