Quantcast

Corrupted app data/not retaining data universally!

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by retroben, Apr 18, 2014.

1. retroben

retroben Active Member

I need some serious help with my now nearly defunct GS7.

I can't retain data for any apps other than the Chrome Browser which is still fully intact.
    Any app I make settings for never keeps them after exiting and opening the app again.

For example,I open ES File Explorer and see the tutorial.
    Then I make my choice of what settings to use,and finish.
    I then closed ES File Explorer and a little bit later,I opened it again to find it displaying the tutorial a second time with all of my settings undone!
    Other apps I have will no longer open and all force close as a result,even after clearing their data.

I am completely lost a knowing what to even do at this point.

If there is an app that properly clears extra app data that is normally missed and other garbage files,please link me to it.
    If there is an app that can fix the corrupted conditions of my GS7,please link me to that as well.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I would try resetting your router. I have seen posts about apps not working on GTV while Chrome browser still works good - and usually the issue was with the router. Also do the full factory reset of your GS7. Other than that all you can really do is try removing apps one at a time to see if it was a corrupted app causing your problem.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. retroben

retroben Active Member

I am slowly but surely bouncing back!
    The apps that are normally failing are now working properly once freshly installed again!:)

Edit:The media file finder is working fine now,thanks to Secure Gallery's media scanner.

Hopefully by the fact that the GS8 is still in stores like BestBuy,maybe Sony will eventually make the update happen.

I just finished watching my usual line-up of youtube channels' new videos on the re-installed mobile Youtube HD mod found on XDA.
    Fore some strange reason,the voice control is no longer faded and enabled with the icon appearing on various things despite me not having the required remote for it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  4. retroben

retroben Active Member

I have finished getting my apps installed again and all is good currently.
    I have already claimed my warranty for the $200.00 and I could get that GS8 I saw at best buy for the $143 tax and all,making a total profit of $57,which is more than enough for buying a warranty. LOL
    Or I can get the Amazon Fire TV plus a compatible and hopefully inexpensive keyboard and mouse combo!

5. retroben

retroben Active Member

I just found out I need to ship my GS7 to them to claim the warranty.

Can someone tell me the best way to backup my installed apps for later restoration in another device?

I can easily copy all of my media files into one of my USB sticks or SD cards while apps require a much more advanced method.

6. retroben

retroben Active Member

I just found out about some GS7 features that I have been missing out on.
    I enabled Tap to touch and found out I could tap then touch and hold to highlight text instead of straining my hand to keep a click held down.
    Even though I can simply highlight the first few letters by utilizing the Fn grabber and press the arrows while holding shift.
    Too bad I did not find these near the beginning of having my GS7.

The Sony NSZ-GS7 is an outstandingly reliable and persistent device.

My GS7 has gone through so many hardships from it being on for many hours and overheating because of a stupid power flicker when I don't know that it is on.

I wish that Google would huhray da hayul up and release their new Android Nexus TV set-top box or whatever else it might be so I can compare the specs,capabilities/functionalities/side-loadability,and the price to the powerful Fire TV.

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Google I/O in June is the most likely time for announcements regarding Nexus TV and or Android TV. IMO If a Nexus TV isn't announced by Google I/O, then Google most likely decided against it.

Mark June 25th down on your calender -:)

https://www.google.com/events/io

8. retroben

retroben Active Member

I have all of the required things for ADB pre-installed if I choose to get a Fire TV.

Anyone that is getting one should please share information about any inexspensive keyboard/mouse combos if you find one, and other info in the Fire TV subforum.

9. retroben

retroben Active Member

I hope they don't screw me in by making me stick with the GS7 or by sending me a GS8,I really want all of those improvements like 2GB RAM,NDK,and Quadcore that Fire TV has for only $99 dollars.

And I even know that I can get the best kind of keyboard/mouse combo really cheap at $29.99 for a Fire TV directly from Best Buy with their Logitech K400 keyboard/mouse combo.
    That's if its even compatible (it better be) with Fire TV.

It is a PITA that I have to send my box in and wait for them to decide what to do.
    Especially since I can't connect my Blu Ray to the internet because it lacks Wi-Fi while also having no chance of reaching the ethernet port to the router in a completely different room, and it only works through the GS7 box when turned on,making it pointless.
    The reason I said that they might screw me in is because I may not get compensation like I was hoping to.
    Sony better update their GS7/GS8 boxes!

10. retroben

retroben Active Member

I have my GS7 being shipped out.
    I'm sure the reason behind them checking it is to make sure that I didn't root it and void my warranty.

I did not root it because I already have the REL11 update and because rooting is pretty much useless without NDK.
    Now to hope I get compensation with so much as a Target giftcard I can use for a friend to give me the cash so I can possibly get a Fire TV from BestBuy and the K400 keyboard/touchpad to go along with it.