Quantcast

Copying files to a USB Hard Disk

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by garethmyles, Dec 20, 2012.

1. garethmyles

garethmyles New Member

Hi folks,

First post. I'm new to Google TV, just got it today. I was wondering if there is a way to map a drive that is connected to the NS7 by USB from a computer that is connected by ethernet.

Essentially I want to be able to copy files over to the USB hard disk attached to the Google TV from a computer without having to disconnect the Hard Disk.

Thanks!

Gareth.

2. guest

guest Active Member

Are the files on the internet or on a computer? If they are stored on your computer, just connect the USB to the computer. Why the search for a complicated work-around?

And if they are on the internet, you may have a problem transferring them into a USB from Google TV's embedded SD Card!

3. garethmyles

garethmyles New Member

They are on a desktop on a computer in another room. I have two homeplugs and used to copy files via a WDTV Live to the hard disk to save having to disconnect the disk and taking it down to the desktop.

4. OinkGrunz

OinkGrunz New Member

Don't know how you want to copy the files, but:

If you install ES File Explorer on GTV you can easily browse your whole network from GTV and do all kind of file operations, also copy from remote devices.