Quantcast

Controlling Revue box for Slingbox

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by bukzin, Aug 7, 2012.

1. bukzin

bukzin New Member

I just came across this old article about recording video with Slinbox.

How to Watch and Share TV Without a TV

They mention 'iShowU'. Is there a way I can do the same thing with my Revue box, or another app?

Any of you folks tried this?

2. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

iShowU allows you to capture and record anything you can see on your screen, along with audio from any compatible source on your Mac. You can use it with Sling box. I think it's not possible with Logitech revue (I don't use Logitech revue). I haven't tried with Sling box but I used to record cable channels on my PC with digital TV capture device and Windows Media Center. If you want to record cable channels on your PC follows the steps below.
    1. You need a USB digital TV capture device. This adapter will act as a TV tuner for your PC.
    2. Plug the audio/video capture adapter's RCA or S-Video jacks into your TV, VCR or cable box, depending upon your personal preferences. Plug the other end of the adapter into your computer's USB port.
    3. Open Windows Media Center. On the "Start" screen, scroll to "Tasks," then click "Settings." Select "TV," then click "Set Up TV Signal." Follow the on-screen instructions to connect a TV signal. This will depend on the type of tuner your cable box has, as well as the programming package to which you subscribe. Run Windows Media Setup; this is when you will download a schedule of broadcast TV program listings for your cable provider, as well as exclusive Internet TV content. Search by keyword, title, actor, or director to find programs or movies you want to schedule for later recording. You can record an entire series every time an episode airs, or schedule recordings up to several weeks in advance. Selecting "Record" will save your settings so you can set up recording for future broadcasts. The program or series is automatically scheduled to record unless you cancel the recording.
    4. Press "Record" at any time to record a live TV broadcast you are watching, just like operating a DVR. Convert the DVR-MS file to an mpeg file using video conversion software. Then you can work with the MPEG file in any video editing software program.