Quantcast

Controlling GTV devices via IR remote

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by revue5, Apr 7, 2014.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

I think this was previously requested. If it interests you, here's an IR solution :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Travel

Travel Active Member

If the Logitech k700 keyboard pairs with the FireTV box, then the k700 has proven to be quite versatile.

The Hisense Pulse Pro isn't out yet of course, but what are your thoughts on whether, if the k700 keyboard is already configured to the unifying device and being used on the Sony GS7, then, can that same unifying device be put into the Pulse Pro USB port and that same k700 keyboard be used to control the Pulse Pro?

The Pulse Pro will run on an Android system, for which the k700 is designed. So, I'd think that, if k700 works with a non-GoogleTV box like the FireTV box, then it's that much more likely that the k700 will work with the GoogleTV-based platform of the Pulse Pro.
    I'm thinking that the Pulse Pro, which, with the Jelly Bean update, and now on more of a straight Android ("Chrome-For Android" browser) platform, won't make any difference in taking the k700 from the GS7 and and just using it on the Pulse Pro.

It'd be great if the k700 keyboard, because it's already configured to a unifying receiver and used with the GS7, could be used with the Pulse pro without having to re-configure it with a PC.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Once the K700 is paired with the unifying usb receiver, there is no need to re-configure it with a PC again (the K700 data will be stored). All you have to do (from that point on) is to plug the usb receiver in any (usb port) compatible device and the K700 will continue to work (but remember to reboot the device & turn K700 off/on). You can also pair more unifying devices (e.g., a Mouse,..etc.) to that usb receiver (& their data will also be stored w/K700 data).

As far as Pulse Pro. The needed files baked in GS7 (i saw a while back in the source codes) are more likely to remain in Pulse Pro codes (they’re more trouble to remove, btw ;)). So there is a good chance it may work.

• Like Like x 2