Quantcast

Controller shortcuts

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by GTV Daniel, Nov 11, 2010.

1. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all the fantastic discussions that go on here. Your thoughts, feedback and (especially :)) your complaints are very helpful to us as we work to make the Google TV experience as enjoyable as possible.

We're working on developing a resource with a concise list of keypad/keyboard shortcuts-- as several folks have pointed out, this info isn't easily available. It will definitely include channel recall and restart, as well as Chrome nav shortcuts. What shortcuts do you use the most? What did you not know when you started using GTV that you wish you had?

Thanks!
    Daniel

2. Stewbie2002

Stewbie2002 New Member

There are 2 "d-pads" on the Sony remote, one at each of the top corners. The bottom button on the right d-pad brings up a menu along the bottom of the screen. There is an option called "Menu" (if I remember correctly, currently at work) which doesn't work on my new Sony Google TV but did work on the Sony Google TV I returned to Best Buy. This is the same "Menu" that FNC+1 brings up.

Anyone else have this problem? Surely it could be fixed with an update.

3. outbackpaul

outbackpaul New Member

I would like to see a shortcut for 30 second skip on the Dish DVR's.

4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I for one, would like to have a scrolling page up down setting.
    When you scroll through long web pages, it not only takes a long time, but, either the page up,down button, or the tracking mouse 2 finger swipe take a lot of lagging.
    Same with the mouse cursor, to line up the cursor to the left side box to pull down page, proves out difficult time lining it up to start the pulling down with the cursor...
    Just a thought...