Quantcast

Control of DVR - "A" key?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by JohnnyDrama, Nov 8, 2010.

1. JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama New Member

Really liking Google TV so far, but the remote can be a bit challenging to figure out. I also wish it were IR only so there would be zero compatibility issues (or at least "powerful" enough to control the other components in my system like the Logitech Harmony remote is able). Surprised to see RF again after the VisionTouch experiment didn't seem to catch on.

In any event, I can't seem to duplicate all of the functions on the Sony Google TV remote that are on the Cable TV remote. Particularly problematic is the "A" key which is needed to delete the stored programs on the DVR. Needless to say, I would also like to be able to perform the functions assigned to the "B" and "C" keys as well.

Any ideas? I've tried pressing "A" on the Sony remote in combination with Fn, Shift, Ctrl, etc., but haven't had any luck.

Thank you for any assistance that you may be able to offer.

-Drama :cool:

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

As I've read in other places it seems Sony forgot to implement the A B C and D keys for Cable box support.

The Logitech Revue does provide A B C D keys to be sent to cable box. It also allows you to custom program IR codes learned from any remote.