Quantcast

control gmusic through tv/av receiver with smartphone?

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by XxXseigleXxX, Aug 4, 2013.

1. XxXseigleXxX

XxXseigleXxX New Member

hello all...

long time lurker.. first time poster here.

long story short.. i love gadgets and have had android since the first device hit tmobile (mytouch). im currently trying to figure out if there is anyway to play my google music through my surround sound speakers and control things like song selection, pause, skip, etc. via my smartphone (htc sensation) while walking through the house and not needing to be in front of the tv.

my current set up is this. android phone (obviously), cable box --> google tv (logitech revue) --> av receiver (no wireless or ethernet) --> samsung 50" (no wifi)

any ideas/input would be greatly appreciated

2. sshaff

sshaff New Member

I plug the chromecast dongle in one of the HDMI inputs on my receiver and set up playing via android phone. Easy, peasy.

• Like Like x 2
  3. XxXseigleXxX

XxXseigleXxX New Member

any ways other than chromecast? lol. i dont want to buy it if thats the only thing ill plan on using it for.

4. sshaff

sshaff New Member

Well,you could put a Bluetooth radio on your amp, but chromecast migh be cheaper.

5. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

dont think this would be possible with the scenario you put forth...

you could use the Google Music app on the TV and use teh GTV remote app for your smart phone, but you would not be able to make selection on the smartphone, just use it as a remote control...you would still need to be looking at the TV screen when you make selections.

my best recommendation woul dbe to set up a play list in Google music so when you set it up on your TV you can them walk away..