Quantcast

Connect button reset speed tip\trick found!

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by retroben, May 18, 2013.

1. retroben

retroben Active Member

When I had a problem with my box booting to the homescreen I had to fix it with the connect button found under the stb.

So I held connect and when prompted I held connect on the "NORMAL" reset (the one with Ctrl+R) and that fixed my problem.

Not only did it fix my problem,but,it also made everything MUCH faster than its sluggish speed before my problem happened.

In conclusion,if your box is going slow,try doing the following:have your box unplugged,
    plug it in while holding its connect button down using the tip of a pencil/pen,continue holding it until the recovery mode screen comes up,read everything on that screen,and then select the Ctrl+R labeled selection by re-holding the connect button (the on-screen instructions tell you to hold connect to select current highlighted option.

And after it starts again,you should experience a smooth as butter speed increase after a while.

I still have fast speed even while I have 100 different apps (mostly "unsupported" apps that work anyway).

Before resetting,my box went slow on the large all apps list that I have.

Be careful not to select factory reset by accident.

2. retroben

retroben Active Member

This might also work on other boxes with the same looking matching OS.