Quantcast

Configuring NSG-MR1 with Sony Home Theatre (BDV-E280) w/o IR Blaster?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by WhereAmI, Dec 4, 2011.

1. WhereAmI

WhereAmI New Member

Since this is advertised as a universal remote - and does have a "BD I/O" button - has anyone figured out how to program the NSG-MR1 to work with other Sony products? Given that they are all Sony - really trying to avoid the IR Blaster route - sorry just dumb to mount that to the front of devices from the same company. If there was no other option - you'd think they include a rear-to-rear communication cable...

Specifically I'm trying to configure the remote to pick up on and manage my Sony Blu-Ray Home Theatre system (BDV-E280) from the NSG-MR1 remote that came with my Sony 40" Google TV.

Thanks in Advance!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I believe the only other option is to use HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) if it is supported by your devices and to what extent. It is a feature that promises to control components that are connected via HDMI cables with just one remote. Toggling the power on components and one-touch play or record are some of the first features enabled on these initial HDMI-CEC home theater offerings. But they often prove to be not so easy. You must set up the HDMI-CEC in each component’s menu, and controlling the components can be inconsistent. Sony's implementation of HDMI-CEC is called Bravia Theatre Sync. You might check to see if your theater system supports it and to what capacity.

3. WhereAmI

WhereAmI New Member

This was Sony's officially response:

helpguide.sony.net/internettv/nsx-gt1/v2/us1/05/05-03_1.html

Basically you can attempt control via HDMI controller communication or set up an IR Blaster.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yep..