Quantcast

Component-to-HDMI Converter???

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by pen91181, Jan 1, 2011.

1. pen91181

pen91181 New Member

I have been trying to set up my Revue for the past couple of days with limited success. I have obtained and tried 4 STB from Comcast (SA 8300 HD, SA 8300 HDC, and Cisco RNG 200) and each box is giving me some variation of a HDCP error, resulting in no picture and/or audio (although I am able to view the guide, DVR, etc.) Based on the information I have recieved from Comcast and Logitech, it has something to do with the number of downstreams through the HDMI output.

My set up is the following:

STB (HDMI)
    l
    REVUE
    / \
    / \
    AVR (Optical) TV (HDMI)

I am wondering, will purchasing a component-to-HDMI converter allow me to connect my STB to the Revue, but bypass/workaround the HDCP? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  2. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Hi Pen91181 & Welcome!

Did you see my Link?

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...on/405-home-theater-audio-issues-resolve.html

Don't know that you want to spend any money but a HDMI splitter or just a manual HDMI switch before/after your Revue would that work? It was pointed out that I may not have needed both but it solved all my issues at present not only on my big screen, but if I have other TVs on in the house at the same time. Just a thought. May remove with later updates.

Here is my reasoning: If you can by-pass your GTV and still watch your TV it allows you time to work out your set-up with just a press of a button. What name and model equipment are you using and is all your equipment HDMI compliant? Don't understand why you would need any cables, if so. We have enough members here now that at least one should have the same setup as you, so supply more info and Good Luck!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  3. pen91181

pen91181 New Member

Currently I am using the following equipment:

TV: 42 LG LCD (42LG50)
    STB: Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC
    AVR: Sony STR-DE575 (this is quite old and does not have any HDMI inputs/outputs, but does have an optical port)

My reasoning for the converter is that my STB states on its diagnostic screen that there is no protection type on the YPrPb, whereas it indicates that the DVI/HDMI has HDCP protection. I am just wondering that if I use the component outputs on the STB to an HDMI converter that I would then connect to the Revue, would I "trick" the STB and bypass the HDCP protection?

4. danger-rat

danger-rat Moderator Staff Member

Before I upgraded my AV receiver, I ran the hdmi from the Revue direct to the TV, and then ran the audio from the TV back to my receiver. It means you have to change channel on the TV to watch the revue, but at least you maintain the hd picture...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk